A pizza shop in Sunderland was damaged after a fire in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews from Marley Park, Sunderland Central and Farringdon were called to the Four Corners pizza shop in Southwick Road, Southwick, at 1.20am.
They spent 10 minutes extinguishing the blaze, which started in the frying range.
The owner was still in the premises at the time and, after smelling burning, contacted the fire brigade.
The range was damaged by fire and the remainder of the shop was smoke damaged.
It’s thought the blaze may have been caused by an electrical fault.