Firefighters called to blaze at West Boldon garage caused by faulty tumble dryer

.

.

0
Have your say

Firefighters have extinguished a blaze in a West Boldon garage.

The contents of the garage, in Shepherds Way, were destroyed in the fire, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in a tumble dryer.

A crew from Washington Fire Station and one from South Shields attended the scene at 7.26pm on Friday.

A Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “It was a single-storey, domestic garage.

“The garage roof and contents were 100% severely damaged by fire.

“Two hose reels, four breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan were used to extinguish the fire.”