Fire starts in Sunderland bedroom

0
Have your say

CARELESSLY discarded smoking materials have been blamed for a fire in a Sunderland home.

Firefighters from Fulwell fire station were called to the property in Kingsland Square, Downhill, at about 10am on Saturday.

The bedroom was damaged by smoke and flames, but the occupant, who had been in the sitting room at the time, escaped unhurt.

Watch manager Steve Bewick said: “It could have been a lot worse for him if he had not had working smoke alarms.”