Fire crews tackle house fire in Sunderland

Langport Road, Sunderland. Image copyright Google Maps.
Langport Road, Sunderland. Image copyright Google Maps.
0
Have your say

Firefighters tackled a blaze in the chimney breast of a property in Sunderland last night.

The fire took place at a house in Langport Road, Sunderland.

The occupier was uninjured, and got out of the property before the arrival of fire crews.

A Tyne and Wear Rescue service spokesman said: "Yesterday, at 10.13pm, we attended a property in Langport Road, Sunderland.

"Two appliances - one from Sunderland and one from Farringdon - went to a two-storey detached house.

"The fire was confined to the chimney breast.

"Fire crews used cutting equipment to remove a section of the chimney breast wall and used a bucket of water to extinguish the fire.

"The occupier was uninjured, and self-rescued before the arrival of fire crews.

"Fire crews administered oxygen therapy until the arrival of paramedics."