Fire crew in cable alert

0
Have your say

PART of a street had to be cordoned off by firefighters after an overhead cable leading into an empty house began to spark.

A crew from Peterlee fire station was called to Byron Street, in Easington Colliery, at 8.30pm yesterday after a neighbour living opposite noticed the fault.

The firefighters stayed on the scene until the electricity board arrived to cut off the supply and carry out repairs.

l A fire crew was called out at 10pm yesterday after a late night supper caused panic when burgers caught fire under a grill.

A resident in Chapel Hill Road, Peterlee, called for help after walking into the kitchen to find the grill pan alight. The fire was out before firefighters arrived.