Family flee Washington chip pan fire

0
Have your say

A FAMILY has a lucky escape when their chip pan caught fire in the early hours of the morning.

 Firefighters from Washington fire station were called to deal with the blaze at the two-bedroom terraced property in Bell Street, Penshaw.

 Three adults and three children managed to get out of the house before officers arrived on the scene.

 The fire, at 3.30am yesterday, left the kitchen 20 per cent damaged by fire and 80 per cent heavily damaged by smoke.