Family flee fire

0
Have your say

A FAMILY had a lucky escape after a fire broke out in a bedroom.

Two parents and their children were at home, in Eden Terrace, Shiney Row, when the blaze happened upstairs.

The occupants managed to flee the house by the time emergency services arrived.

The affected bedroom was badly damaged by fire.

Watch manager Les Tough said: “The call came in as persons reported.

“Four firefighters with breathing apparatus put it out with a hose reel.

“The family were alerted by the smoke alarms which they had in the house at the time.”

The fire happened at about 10.30pm on Sunday.

No one was injured.