Elderly woman rescued from house fire

0
Have your say

AN elderly woman had to be rescued from her home after a fire started in her kitchen.

The 83-year-old became stranded in her Peterlee house after the blaze started in her oven.

Two fire engines were despatched to the scene, as well an ambulance and the police, on Friday evening just before 9.30pm.

Described as frail and unable to walk very well, the woman was rescued from her kitchen by firefighters and was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

She was then taken to hospital for further treatment.