PRIMARY school children went back to where it all began as they prepared to bid a final farewell to their classrooms.
Year 6 pupils from Cleadon Village CofE Primary were surprised by staff with a visit to the former Cleadon Village CofE Infants’ School.
The infants schools merged with Cleadon Village CofE Junior School in 2003 to create the primary school, and eventually moved into purpose-built premises in Boldon Lane, Cleadon, four years later.
The Year 6 youngsters were the last ever group to be in the old building on Cleadon Lane when they were in reception. The old infant school, built in 1907, is now being converted into two large family homes, with plans to build a further two detached properties. The designs have been drawn up by Craig Fitzakerly, of Sunderland-based Fitz Architects, who helped organise the visit.