Dog rescued from house fire at Peterlee home

Crews were called to the fire in Keswick Road just before 1am.
Crews were called to the fire in Keswick Road just before 1am.
0
Have your say

A Staffordshire Bull Terrier was treated by firefighters after being rescued from a blaze.

The dog was given oxygen therapy by crew members following the incident, which happened at a home in Keswick Road, Peterlee, and two men had to be taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital due to smoke inhalation.

Crews from both Peterlee and Wheatley Hill fire stations were called to the fire, which was in the first floor bedroom of a home, shortly before 1am today.

Firefighters used two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire - with the last crew leaving the scene just after 2am.

The dog was trapped in a second bedroom to the rear of the property, a spokeswoman for County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service said.