LEAD worth £70,000 has been stolen from the roof of a South Yorkshire museum.
Staff at Clifton Mark Museum in Rotherham discovered the theft on Friday when they spotted water leaking in through the roof.
When checks were carried out it was discovered that thousands of pounds worth of lead had been stripped from the roof of the building.
Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, quoting incident number 204 of March 8.
- Boss Di Canio wants six new men for Sunderland
- Bus crashes into Sunderland JobCentre
- Pool pervert used shoe mirror to spy on woman changing in Sunderland Aquatic Centre
- Survival assured, Sunderland boss can plan future
- ‘You can’t live a lie and spend your life feeling sad’ – transgender modelling competition finalist tells all
- DOBSON MARKS START OF HEALTH C
- Di Canio: Sunderland players will get a shorter summer break if they don’t perform well at Tottenham
- Last post is 6.30pm (but get here by 5.30pm)
- TV chef Martin Blunos takes over the kitchen at Seaham Hall
- Sunderland museums and arts centres lose out as donations head to London
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sunderland
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North