Pervert fondled teens at Sunderland bowling alley

Crime news
Crime news
0
Have your say

A PERVERT who preyed on schoolgirls at a city centre bowling alley has been jailed.

Amin Hussein targeted two victims just minutes apart at the High Street West complex in Sunderland city centre.

Newcastle Crown Court heard the 31-year-old had been given a community order by magistrates for sexually assaulting a nurse who was treating him in hospital less than a month before.

His latest victims, aged 13 and 16, had both been at the bowling alley on September 13 with their separate groups of friends when the attacks happened.

The 13-year-old, who was described as “very young looking” had been playing on an arcade game when Hussein approached.

Prosecutor Julie Clemitson told the court: “He had been trying to persuade her to go outside with him.

“He asked her to go with him and had shown her a bank card, shown her money in his wallet and tried to give her his wallet.”

The girl alerted a member of staff after the sex assault and she had been left “scared” by what happened to her.

The 16-year-old victim was molested as she played pool with a younger friend.

Hussein was arrested after he was identified from CCTV.

He denied any wrongdoing but later admitted two charges of sexual assault.

Judge Roger Thorn jailed Hussein, of Hylton Road, Sunderland, for 10 months.

The judge said: “The circumstances have now been reached which in my judgement mean you must undertake a custodial sentence.”

Judge Thorn said Hussein must register as a sex offender for seven years and has been banned from working with children.

Hussein must abide by a five-year-order which bans him from all sporting and leisure complexes

The judge said: “Swimming baths and ten pin bowling alleys are the sort of places this man needs to be kept out of.”

Alec Burns, defending, said Hussein, who was drunk when he carried out the offences, came to England after he “escaped” his native Somalia in 2009 but turned to drink after he was unable to contact his wife and children.

Mr Burns said; “He is a man who has had a difficult life.

“He is still unable to contact his wife and children.”

Speaking after the case, Detective Inspector Mark Ord, of Sunderland Area Command, said: “This man preyed on vulnerable young girls and should face the consequences of his actions. I’m satisfied with today’s sentence.”