DCSIMG

Pensioner injured in Washington house fire

The fire-blackened terraced house in Manor View East, Concord.

The fire-blackened terraced house in Manor View East, Concord.

A PENSIONER was left in hospital after a blaze broke out at her Washington home.

The pensioner’s two grown up children, as well as her granddaughter, were all in the property as the blaze spread at 5am today.

After realising her home, in Concord, Washington, was on fire, the OAP tried to make her way to safety but fell down the stairs, injuring her back and pelvis.

All four managed to eventually escape to safety.

Firefighters say the blaze started on a settee that had been left outside the property, before spreading inside.

The front room and a bedroom were destroyed in the incident.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page