A man has pleaded not guilty to assaulting four fire fighters as they tackled a house fire.
Clinton Allan Barnes, 34, denied attacking and injuring the fire fighters on Wednesday, April 5, when he appeared at Sunderland Magistrates' Court.
Crews from Sunderland Central, Farringdon and Rainton Bridge fire station had been called to Railway Terrace North in Houghton.
The alleged incident occurred shortly before police were called too the scene at 5.05pm, when the blaze - which is believed to have been started deliberately - had been extinguished.
Barnes, of Railway Terrace North, denies four counts of common assault.
Defence solicitor Ian Jordan said he needed full disclosure of all of the CCTV footage of the incident.
He added: "There is another defendant in the wings, in the evidence from Northumbria Police.
"There are two other suspects for whom summons are in the process of being prepared."
The case was listed for trial on August 2, the delay caused by prosecution witnesses having holidays booked in June and July.
District Judge Roger Elsey said: "Your trial will take place here on August 2.
"You are required to be here at 9.30am.
"If you don't turn up the trial will go ahead in your absence and there will be a warrant for your arrest.
"Keep in touch with Mr Jordan and be here on August 2."