A MAN has been arrested after a fire was started at a Washington home.
A Grandmother was taken to hospital after the blaze.
Her two grown up children, as well as her granddaughter, were all in the property as the blaze spread at 5am today.
After realising her home, in Concord, Washington, was on fire, the OAP tried to make her way to safety but fell down the stairs, injuring her back and pelvis.
All four managed to eventually escape to safety.
Firefighters say the blaze started on a settee that had been left outside the property, before spreading inside.
The front room and a bedroom were destroyed in the incident.
A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson. He is currently helping police with inquiries.
Anyone who witnessed it or has information is asked to contact police on 101, extension 69191, quoting log number 162 14/03/14, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.