A MAN has been arrested after police uncovered a cannabis farm in Sunderland.
The farm was found at a house in Chester Road on Saturday, shortly before 8pm.
Detectives say an examination of the property is ongoing.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the production of cannabis and is in custody.
The latest drug haul follows from a series of others in the city in recent weeks.
Beat bobbies found 200 cannabis plants and cultivation equipment in the loft of an address in nearby St Mark’s Road on Wednesday, January 2, with the estimated value of the drugs put at £100,000, with one man charged.
More than 400 cannabis plants were then found at a house in Otto Terrace, Thornhill, on Friday, January 4.
One man has been charged and another is on bail.
Durham Constabulary also uncovered a cannabis farm at the weekend.
Members of Durham City Neighbourhood Policing Team spent yesterday dismantling the farm in Pittington.
- Boss Di Canio wants six new men for Sunderland
- Bus crashes into Sunderland JobCentre
- Pool pervert used shoe mirror to spy on woman changing in Sunderland Aquatic Centre
- Survival assured, Sunderland boss can plan future
- ‘You can’t live a lie and spend your life feeling sad’ – transgender modelling competition finalist tells all
- DOBSON MARKS START OF HEALTH C
- Di Canio: Sunderland players will get a shorter summer break if they don’t perform well at Tottenham
- Last post is 6.30pm (but get here by 5.30pm)
- TV chef Martin Blunos takes over the kitchen at Seaham Hall
- Sunderland museums and arts centres lose out as donations head to London
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sunderland
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North