Dad broke ban to see his baby

editorial image
0
Have your say

A NEW father went to his ex-girlfriend’s house three times to try to see his baby, despite being banned from contacting her.

Michael Strong was slapped with a restraining order in October which stopped him from contacting his then-pregnant ex.

Since then, the woman has had their child and South Tyneside magistrates were told 25-year-old Strong, of High Elms, South Hylton, has attempted three times to see it at her Whitburn home.

He admitted three counts of breaching a restraining order.

Stan Sudworth, prosecuting, said: “Strong was made the subject of the restraining order after being convicted of harassment and battery at Sunderland Magistrates’ Court.

“The couple have been separated for 10 months after being together for four years.”

He added: “On June 12 and 16, and July 2, she heard a knock on her door and when she answered it, Strong was there.

“On the first two occasions she answered the door and he said he wanted to see their child.

“When she said he couldn’t, they argued and he walked away.

“On the third occasion she didn’t answer the door.”

Peter Thubron, defending, said: “Their child was born a couple of weeks after the restraining order was put in place.

“He was at the birth and they spent Christmas together at her mother’s house.

“Eventually they moved in together in Whitburn, but after arguments he moved out.”

He added: “All the time the restraining order was in place, but after that she became difficult about him seeing the child.

“He went round a few times, so yes, he was in breach of the restraining order on those occasions.”

Magistrates adjourned the case for the probation service to prepare a pre-sentence report on Strong.

He will appear before magistrates again on July 26.

Strong was granted bail on the conditions he does not contact the woman and lives at the address given to court.

Twitter: @sunderlandecho