DCSIMG

Cigarette fire damages Sunderland home

A CIGARETTE sparked a house fire in Sunderland.

Firefighters from Washington and Sunderland Central stations were called to Conway Road in Hylton Castle at 9.30am yesterday.

Six firefighters forced their way into the empty semi-detached house, where they traced the fire to an upstairs bedroom, where a cigarette had been left burning.

The woman who lived at the house returned as the fire was being put out.

Meanwhile, an investigation is under way after a house fire at The Royalty, near Chester Road, at 12.45am yesterday.

A pile of rubbish was set alight in the property’s backyard, causing damage to the back door, downstairs and upstairs windows, as well as smoke damage inside the terraced house.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page