Couple call 999 after cooker fire erupts

0
Have your say

AN investigation is under way after a cooker sparked a fire at a house in Sunderland.

The small blaze broke out in the kitchen of a semi-detached house in Premier Road, Plains Farm.

Two people in the house at the time turned off the gas supply and called 999.

Firefighters from Sunderland Central fire station were at the scene from about 10.15pm on Friday.

The cooker was also destroyed in the blaze but firefighters say no one was hurt.