Chef treated by paramedics after grill fire at Sunderland pub

editorial image
0
Have your say

A CHEF has been treated for slight burns after a grill fire at a Sunderland pub.

Firefighters were called to the Alexandra Public House in Queen Alexandra Rd, Ryhope, Sunderland at 7.30pm, today.

Waste oil from a barbecue-style grill had caught fire.

The fire had been put out before crews arrived.

A chef who had suffered slight burns to his hands was waiting to be treated by paramedics.

Minor damage was caused to the grill.