Bride’s anguish as she is left waiting for a refund from wedding photographer

Ashley Woods, who hired photographer Clayton Bennett for her wedding

Ashley Woods, who hired photographer Clayton Bennett for her wedding

0
Have your say

A WEDDING photography company has been accused of ruining another couple’s big day by leaving them hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

Ashley Woods, 24, and Christopher Kerr, 25, hired Rose Ellen Bennett to take the pictures and video for their wedding in September.

Wedding photographer Clayton Bennett

Wedding photographer Clayton Bennett

Mrs Bennett is married to photographer Clayton Bennett who has been accused of spoiling the wedding days of umpteen couples with his shoddy work.

Attracted by low prices and reassurance that Clayton, 50, of Fence Houses, was no longer involved in the business, Perfect Image, the couple paid to have their wedding photos and video done by the company.

But after being paid £399 for the wedding package, the company cancelled the job – and the couple are still waiting for their refund.

When the worried couple heard media reports that Bennett was still involved in the business they decided to call and check.

Ashley’s dad John Woods said: “Wedding photographers can be really expensive and when we saw the deal for the pictures and video for £399 we thought it was great and that’s why we paid the money in full.

“We thought that the money we had saved on the photographers could be used for other things. Now we are the ones out of pocket.”

“We rang her up and she reassured us that he didn’t work for them any more. When she told us that we took her word for it.

“I just can’t believe they have done it again to another couple. Ashley is devastated.”

Ashley and Christopher will tie the knot at Dissington Hall, Northumberland, on September 15.

Ashley and her parents have been desperately trying to call Bennett and his wife and have sent emails but without success.

The couple, of Newcastle, have now been forced to book another wedding photographer.

John added: “When they rang us to cancel the wedding photographs they told us they would try and get our money back to us as soon as possible but we still haven’t heard anything from them.

“I’ve been emailing them, phoning them but I can’t get through to them, the phone just keeps ringing.”

The Bennetts were unable to be contacted for comment.

PANEL

LAST year, Sunderland cameraman Bennett was taken to court after failing to capture precious memories at a wedding.

Martin and Heidi Shubrook were devastated when they received the video that was supposed to be an everlasting reminder of their special day.

Instead of capturing key moments, including the couple signing the register, cutting the cake, speeches and confetti-throwing, Bennett gave them a video featuring shots of guests feet and backs and of the couple so far away, they are just a dot in the distance.

After seeing the wedding video, the couple launched a year-long battle to bring the cameraman to the small claims court for breach of contract.

In March, a judge sitting at Durham County Court ordered Bennett to pay £600, court costs and travel expenses.