A BOXER accused of “grooming” a 14-year-old child for sex, via the internet, is to go on trial.
At a hearing at Newcastle Crown Court yesterday, Andrew Ross, 28, pleaded not guilty to meeting a child after sexual grooming and two counts of sexual activity with a child.
Ross, of Gladstone Street, Sunderland, is said to have contacted the girl, from South Tyneside, on Facebook between Christmas Day last year and January 16.
Ross was released awaiting his trial on September 19.
Judge David Wood told him: “You may have bail providing that you comply with the conditions set by this court.”