Blaze tears through shop

0
Have your say

A FIRE ripped through a takeaway after a blaze started in the kitchen.

Chinchilla pizza and kebab takeaway was damaged after the fire started in an extraction fan in the kitchen at about 9pm yesterday.

Staff were unable to put the fire out, so called the emergency services.

Fire crews spent about an hour and 15 minutes at the Elemore Lane takeaway in Easington Lane.

No-one was injured during the fire, which is believed to have severely damaged the shop.

Last week, the Oriental Palace, St Thomas’s Street, Sunderland, caught alight after its extraction fan set on fire.

Fire crews were called to the two-storey city centre restaurant on Thursday evening.