Bin fire sparks house fire in Washington

editorial image
0
Have your say

A BIN fire accidentally started by a resident sparked a house blaze in Washington.

Embers left burning in a wheelie bin by the occupant accidentally caught fire, with the flames spreading to a fence and destroying the back door of a property in Woodcliff Close, Washington at 1.37pm today.

A utility room damaged by smoke.

Nobody was in the property at the time and nobody was injured.

Eight fire fighters from Washington spent an hour at the scene, ensuring the fire did not cause further damage to the two-storey detached property.