BABY birds which got into a flap were freed by firefighters.
The young starlings were trapped inside netting on the roof of a house in Monkwearmouth, Sunderland, earlier today.
A crew from Sunderland Central station were called to the semi-detached home in Newcastle Road, at about 11am.
Starlings nesting inside a chimney became caught up in wires surrounding it.
Worried householders called the RSPCA, who then contacted Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service.
Firefighters used an aerial ladder platform to carry out the rescue, which took about 30 minutes.
Sadly three or four birds died before they were rescued, but the rest were able to fly away.