THERE’S a host of different organisations, from more than 1,000 “In Bloom” groups, 1,100 “It’s Your Neighbourhood” groups, 13,000 schools and 1,235 affiliated clubs and societies taking part in the RHS campaigns.
There are all sorts of ways to get involved, whether you’d like to help with planting, join a litter sweep or run a fund-raising event – and there’s plenty in Wearside and East Durham.
If there’s not anything in your neighbourhood, why not start something?
Log on to www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/Community gardening/Get Involved.
Groups involved on Wearside include:
* Barbara Priestman School
* Barley Mow Sensory Garden
* Barnes Infant School
* Grange Park Primary School
* Hendon Community Allotment
* Old Donnison School Garden
* St Mary’s
* Sunderland in Bloom
* Valley Road Community Primary School.
In County Durham:
* Belmont, Carrville and Gilesgate Moor in Bloom
* Blue Coat Junior School
* Durham Gilesgate Sports College and Sixth Form Centre
* Durham Johnston Comprehensive School
* Finchale Primary School
* The Chorister school
* The Friends of Belmont Scrambles.