Ladies’ night is a success
OH what a night ... The first ever etc ladies’ night has been hailed a success by organisers.
More than 150 women turned up to the event which was held at the Roker Hotel, in Sunderland on Tuesday.
The free event, hosted by etc magazine – a sister publication to the Sunderland Echo – was sponsored by hair salon Reds.
Guests were greeted by topless butlers and Indian head specialist, while hand-picked Christmas exhibitors provided ladies’ essentials such as sparkling jewellery, hair and make-up products and indulgent sweet treats.
Best friends Suzanne Cleary, 52, and Judith Thompson, 51, who own Bijoux Interiors, of Cleadon, took along a selection of bracelets and bags, while Re-Vamp cosmetic surgery, from Newcastle, were on hand to offer advice about the latest treatments.
Entertainment came from Steve Walls and eight Tyne Tees models, who showcased Christmas day wear and party looks from Debenhams in Sunderland and South Shields.
Hannah Wilson, 23, from Ashbrooke, came along to the night. The forensic psychology masters graduate said: “I thought it was excellent. The exhibitors stands were great with lots of gift ideas and I loved the fashion show. It gave me lots of ideas on what to wear at parties over Christmas.”
Georga Spottiswood etc editor said: “I’m thrilled. The night was a great success and we had plenty ladies through the doors. It was a great turnout.”
- Boss Di Canio wants six new men for Sunderland
- Bus crashes into Sunderland JobCentre
- Pool pervert used shoe mirror to spy on woman changing in Sunderland Aquatic Centre
- Survival assured, Sunderland boss can plan future
- ‘You can’t live a lie and spend your life feeling sad’ – transgender modelling competition finalist tells all
- DOBSON MARKS START OF HEALTH C
- Di Canio: Sunderland players will get a shorter summer break if they don’t perform well at Tottenham
- Last post is 6.30pm (but get here by 5.30pm)
- TV chef Martin Blunos takes over the kitchen at Seaham Hall
- Sunderland museums and arts centres lose out as donations head to London
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sunderland
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North